I know I say it every Foodie Friday, but man, this week is goooood! This is (another!) of my all time favourite quick nutritious cook-ups that packs a real punch.
This is a spicy little number, so if hot & spicy isn’t your thing just knock back the flavourings to make it work for you.
- 500g Lean Turkey Mince
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 100g Thai Red Paste
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 heaped tsp Cajun Spice
- 1 Avocado chopped up
- 100ml Sour Cream
- Bag of green salad leaves
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Cook brown rice as per package (for around 25 mins, drain and rinse in hot water once cooked)
- For turkey mince – In a large bowl mix mince with Thai paste, chopped red pepper and Cajun spice.
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat, add the coconut oil then the mince mixture.
- Gently fry for 12-15 minutes making sure all the turkey mince is throughly cooked.
- Serve up: With a 1//4 cup of brown rice per serving, chopped avocado and salad leaves, with a drizzle of sour cream.
Remember, this really is a spicy little number (which I adore) but feel free to adjust the flavouring to work for you and your family.
Cook up a big batch and portion freeze so you’ve always got something good for dinner in the freezer no matter how tight you are for time.