A super quick tip with this little dish is to marinate your chicken raw and freeze.
Then when you’ve planned this dish of dinner, defrost and cook – Simples. You can marinade big batches of your favourite dish in advance and stock up the freezer, I love to work this way so I can put blocks of time aside and get all the prep out of the way, waaaay in advance.
- 4 chicken breast cut up into chunks so it’s easy to skewer
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 stick of lemon grass, crushed up
- 1 red chilli chopped as finely as possible
- A bunch of fresh coriander finely chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Ground black pepper and a grind of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 6 (You can grill these skewers, you choose what’s right for you. I prefer to oven cook so I can wander off and do other stuff whilst my skewers are cooking.)
- Put the chicken, lemon grass, coriander, chilli, black pepper, salt, and lemon juice into a bowl, toss together and cover well. Leave in the fridge to marinate for a min of 30 minutes. (I personally do this over night or freeze marinaded)
- Once the chicken is marinated thread the chicken and tomatoes onto the skewers and rest on a baking tray.
- Pour and remaining marinade over the chicken skewers and bake 20-25 minutes
Serve with a lovely green side salad and sweet potato wedges.